Sunday, February 18, 2018

Facebook screencap, Feb 18th, JME staff comments

Facebook screencap, Feb 18 

"Hey there it's Jeff of Sue
I don't want to keep posting to the full group, my thoughts.
Do you know if they legally acquired the JME attendee contact info or the rights to Wicked faire and Steampunk world faire. Because without the list legally everything Michael is writing is paper in the wind.
If we just take the list that identity theft.
Right now the events are still running under Jeff's ownership. In a year he just needs a partner like Jet and he becomes a silent partner and SPS has nothing and is dead.
Am I wrong, you might know more than me??
Jeff

As far as I know. Jeff still owns the intellectual rights to all the shows. I am not privy to the inner workings of what Michael & Tammy are doing and to what the lawyer says. They have even been kicking around starting new shows from scratch. ALSO This code of conduct in my opinion is way to strict, secretive and convoluted for an event promoter. it will bite us in the backside eventually.  Miller came up with a decent idea. Jeff  is banned but he still pulls a severance check from every show as a silent entity. In 5 years when this all blows over. Then look at allowing him back to the shows. Maybe by then he will have learned on who to go to bed with and who not to. As you can see from the responses I got. Some people are slightly agreeing but some ... just want me to shut my pie hole. Well I got a big mouth & I own it. As to Jeff - Unless he is bought out of the company. I do not see him relinquishing the intellectual rights. 



1 comment:

  1. There's now "Silver Phoenix Society" on FB, and they're posting bylaws and answering questions by reposting the bylaws.

    You may want to also list on your page (as it seems the central repository) that JME's FBpage was deleted last night (2/19), after Amy W. had had a few great days of answering questions, then silence. Not sure if that's been screencapped.

    ReplyDelete