Monday, March 13, 2023

Resources (RAINN, TheHotline, Suicide Prevention)


Some of this information is a repeat of older information; some is newer: 

  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, Available 24 hours, 800-273-8255



Responding to Gaslighting
  • When possible, don't engage
  • "We remember things differently"
  • "I hear you. That isn't my experience"
  • "I'm stepping away from this conversation"
  • "If you continue to speak to me in this way, I'm not engaging"
  • "I'm open to discussing a solution with you. I'm not open to debating my feelings."

Responding to a Gaslighter

  • We remember things differently
  • If you continue to speak to me like this, I'm not engaging
  • I hear you and that isn't my experience
  • I know my truth and I'm not debating it with you
  • I'm stepping away from this conversation 



Better Business Bureau https://www.bbb.org/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment