Monday, March 1, 2021

Steampunk World's Fair page updated and emails

 

The image below states: 

Current State of Affairs, Feb. 2021

The Steampunk World’s Fair is currently on hiatus and plans to begin anew once the global pandemic has calmed down and large physical gatherings are safe once again. Stay safe until then!

Please note that the SPWF has not been affiliated with Jeff Mach Events since the rights were sold to Tammy Shipps in March of 2018. For more information, please read this article on the Daily Beast and visit here for more in-depth backstory.


I also have below a screencap of an email from JM to TS regarding SPWF: 



This reads: 

Hello Jeff. Lovely to hear from you. 

Firstly, I'm going to assume that, once again, you failed at communication and did not mean the Evil Expo. Proofreading is your friend.

Unfortunately for you, I am actually using the IP and have been for a while. I've got software in development for SPWF, Wicked Faire, and Glimmerdark, going on a year underway. We've been active in the Facebook communities, too. (If you'd done your research, I think you'd have noticed that it has not been 3 years since the IP went dormant. Need proof? https://www.reddit.com/r/steampunk/comments/hjezp9/input_requested_i_own_the_ip_for_spwf_and_have_no/ 

I do see that you trademarked an in-use name, and I have begun opposition paperwork for it. The trademark office does make mistakes from time to time. Good thing there is a remedy for those! 

And, lastly, AGAIN, please contact me only via lawyer. I'll be forced to file for a harassment protection order, otherwise. (Consent is important, is it not?)


On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:28 AM Jeff Mach <jeff@jeffmachevents.onmicrosoft.com> wrote:

Dear Tammy, 

In additional to popular failure, breach of conduct, and quatter's right as you've avoided the event for years, I demand all access to Evil Expo documentation, social social media tools, and the website itself. I demand them immediately, today, or I will be forced ti take this  both to court, and the court of public opinion. Rest assured I have large amounts of proof on my side. 

The above is just part of what you owe me;and I am about my respect for the law to begin discussing it ASAP. 


Meanwhile, this is JM's interpretation: 


Steampunk World's Fair update:
This is only my opinion/interpretation of the email she sent, but to my understanding, she basically said: while she is not attempting to fix the damage she caused or help the people whom she harmed through the cancellation of The Steampunk World's Fair, she will attempt to take aggressive action against anyone who tries to help the people who WERE harmed.
I feel like she may no longer be upholding the hypothetical SPS values of trying to help vendors, performers, and attendees of SPWF.
Again, that's my interpretation of her wording. But I wanted to keep you in the loop as this continues.


Make of it all what you will.  

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment