Monday, March 15, 2021

In memory

 Our community has lost another friend. 


I am at a complete loss. 

I did not know Nigel well, but he was a friend and an ally. 

During the hardest days of this blog, when I was collecting all these tales and trying to just manage it all, Nigel was there for me. I'm not a person who speaks on the phone, but he called me to make sure I was holding up ok. He didn't have to do that. He didn't have to reach out to me while he was going through his own pain and health problems. He didn't have to be a sounding board for me. He didn't have to care. 

But he did care. 

He sent me this text during out many conversations back in 2018: 

You're helping voices to be heard. Victims to tell their stories. You're helping eradicate the nastiness from scene. We don't grow by allowing those in power to abuse others. We grow by fostering healthy environments.  

He's was right. He's still right. 

Nigel touched so many lives. 

May his memory be a blessing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment