Sunday, March 3, 2019

In Goth We Trust (?)

On Feb 27th, I emailed Chelsea from the radio show "In Goth We Trust" about her interview with Jeff Mach. She had posted the following to Facebook: 

Chelsea Goodwin27 February at 07:42an interview I feel that it is my job to report the news. I have sent an email to everyone who complained to the station inviting them to be on a future show to tell their point of few. They all refused. My position is that the demise of Jeff Mach Events and the Steampunk World's Fair is a news story and I am determined to treat it as such. On the one hand, I certainly do not condone abuse of any kind, and the allegations that have been brought to my attention over the past year will not be ignored. I have posted my email address uravampire@mindspring.com and questions and concerns sent to that address will be addressed. I have attempted to give equal time to anyone who wants to answer anything Jeff Mach may say, but I do not give anyone the power to tell me who I can or can't interview. Not being a Christian I don't ask what would Jesus do, but being a journalist I do ask what would Barbara Walters or Mike Wallace would do. Recently Jeff Mach published a series of articles with titles such as "I Am Not a Monster" and "Why Ostracising People Backfires." This is news and I am trying to report on it honestly and with integrity.

I emailed her: 

Good morning Chelsea, I saw your post about your upcoming interview with Jeff Mach. As you are well aware, there is a history of bad business behavior and personal horror stories surrounding him.
I am the person who compiled these accounts on my blog (http://owleyeview.blogspot.com/2018/01/time-to-name-drop-and-protect-newbies.html?m=1) and subsequently documented the repercussions.
If someone will provide me with a transcript of the interview, I would be more than happy to a) post it to the blog, and b) write a response which you can share with your listeners.
Feel free to email me with any questions.
Thank you,
Brenna (The Owl Herself)

Her response: 

Obviously I'm busy, but I hope to have a transcript for you and will certainly welcome a response to share with our listeners, and if you like I would welcome you as a guest on next week's show or any other time you'd like.
Chelsea Goodwin

It has been a few days since the interview (which was on Feb 28th). Today is now March 3rd. I have not heard from her since. I have not been able to get my hands on a transcript. If anyone out there does have a transcript, I would appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment