Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Gaslighting and Suicide Prevention Information

Information from a now-removed post (at contact's request). 




National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 
Available 24 hours, 800-273-8255

NJ Suicide Prevention Hopeline

I don't think JM has owned up to any of his mistakes; I don't think he regrets anything he's done to hurt other people; and I really think he needs to stop running events. But I still don't think suicide is an answer. (Yes, I am also aware that he has threatened suicide before in order to get attention, but every suicide threat should be treated as credible and professional help is never a bad idea). 

3) Two images to help handle gaslighting: 



Responding to Gaslighting
  • When possible, don't engage
  • "We remember things differently"
  • "I hear you. That isn't my experience"
  • "I'm stepping away from this conversation"
  • "If you continue to speak to me in this way, I'm not engaging"
  • "I'm open to discussing a solution with you. I'm not open to debating my feelings."


Responding to a Gaslighter: 

  • We remember things differently
  • If you continue to speak to me like this, I'm not engaging
  • I hear you and that isn't my experience
  • I know my truth and I'm not debating it with you
  • I'm stepping away from this conversation 

I hope that information is helpful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment